As featured on
ST. PETER — State Rep. Susan Akland faced her first political controversy in only her second day in office after she made an impromptu appearance Wednesday at a conservative rally at the state Capitol.
Minnesota House Speaker Melissa Hortman pledged Monday to open an investigation into six Republican representatives, including Reps. Susan Akland of St. Peter and Jeremy Munson of Lake Crystal, who attended a conservative rally Wednesday in St. Paul where protesters threatened some state leaders and judges.
MANKATO — A Minnesota House of Representatives investigation into Republican lawmakers who attended the “Storm the Capitol” rally last week could potentially hurt communication between legislators and constituents, according to Republican Rep. Jeremy Munson.
This Week's Circulars
- Dietitian column: Setting the record straight on bananas
- Teen murder suspect has criminal history
- Two men wanted in Mankato burglary
- UPDATE: Fire destroys rural New Ulm house
- Gardening: Avoid mowing grass in prolonged heat wave
- As heat wave continues, Mankato reminds residents of water restrictions
- Man allegedly punched, threatened woman
- Drunken driver four times over limit, charges say
- Fleeing teen drove more than 115 mph, charges say
- Suspect charged in high-speed chase and crash