St. Paul — The May 30, 2014, issue of The Land is now in print and online. Click the "E-Edition" link at left or click here to read it!
- Current Edition
- Nuts & Bolts
We're raising a generation of timid kids
A week ago, a woman was charged with leaving her child in the car while she went into a store. Her 11-year-old child. This week, a woman was arrested for allowing her 9-year-old daughter to go to the park alone. Which raises just one question: America, what the heck is wrong with you?Continued ...
Your chocolate addiction is only going to get more expensive
For nearly two years, cocoa prices have been on the rise. Finally, that's affecting the price you pay for a bar of chocolate - and there's reason to believe it's only the beginning.Continued ...
Afghanistan vet who ran to grenade gets Medal of Honor
A former Marine Corps corporal who was severely wounded when he risked his life to shield a squad mate from a grenade blast in Afghanistan was awarded the nation's highest military decoration Thursday.Continued ...
- May 2014 was the hottest may in recorded history
- Bet the farm: 5 'psychic' animals predict soccer victories
- Is the FDA waging a war on artisanal cheese?
- Texting while driving is latest teen risk as smoking declines
- No one is against devoted dads
- College World Series finally onto baseball-like scores
- We're raising a generation of timid kids